The Automation Engineer reports to the Senior Manager of the Automation group. The position is responsible for providing Automation Engineering support at the Amgen Rhode Island site.
- Provide system administration and ownership support for Rhode Island DeltaV and Utility systems. Support includes:
- Infrastructure and networking architecture
- Migration planning and execution
- User Access
- Patching, Security and Compliance
- Overall system and hardware reliability
- End-User interface
- Work closely with multiple disciplines including: OIS network and site platform leads to support, plan and execute system roadmaps and as well as influence future improvements.
- Ensure optimal performance and reliability for process systems and equipment.
- Work closely with multiple disciplines, including manufacturing, process engineering, process development, utility operations, maintenance, quality assurance, and validation to implement operational improvements.
- Provide technical support to commercial and clinical manufacturing as needed, specific to process control and automation infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment, automation or process issues in the field.
- Develop, organize, analyze, and present results for operational issues and projects of moderate scope and complexity.
- Communicate proactively with supervisor and support staff, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- System owner responsibilities such as change control, maintenance, backup/restore and disaster recovery.
Responsible to provide On-Call support coverage nights and weekends, on a rotating basis.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Engineering and/or Computer System experience a GMP related environment.
Associate's degree and 6 years of Engineering and/or Computer System experience in a GMP related environment
High School diploma and 8 years of Engineering and/or Computer System experience in a GMP related environment
- Master's Degree in Computer Systems, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Strong DCS system administration and ownership skills
- Experience working with automation systems preferably DeltaV, Rockwell PLCs and HMIs, Rockwell FactoryTalk HMI, Building Management System, IFIX SCADA, and OSI PI historian.
- 2+ years' experience in manufacturing support environment
- Experience with Process Automation, GMP Utility Systems, Packaged Equipment, and Building Automation Systems
- Experience with Process Design, and Commissioning
- Experience with validation and change control methodology
- Direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) including detailed understanding of cGMPs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with minimum direction.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: bio, biochemistry, bioinformatic, biological engineer, biology, biomedical engineer, bioprocess, genetic, medical, therapeutic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...