Senior Application Engineer
Compensation: $126,470.00 - $187,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
* Provide world-class assistance to customers and channel partners in the usage of Ansys products.
* Leverage knowledge and relationships to assist in growing ANSYS's software business in line with the corporate vision and performance expectations.
* Apply knowledge and experience in the areas of RTL design, custom circuit analysis, high-speed VLSI design, standard cell physical layout, power-grid extraction, timing analysis, noise analysis, and voltage drop effects with various cad tools to solve problems in complex system-on-chip (SoC).
* Support and train customers promptly and effectively in order to improve customers' productivity and satisfaction with semiconductor business unit simulation products.
* Independently provide and coordinate support for multiple designs for assigned customers through tape-out and verify that these designs are clean within customer expectations.
* Consistently improve understanding of customers' workflow and technical needs and communicate new opportunities and risks to the sales team.
* Proactively work to grow the software usage by demonstrating new solutions.
* Collaborate with the sales team in order to grow sales volume in existing markets.
* Collaborate with the product development team to improve software products and the customers' experience using these products.
* Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering or a related field of study
* Work experience or academic coursework must have included:
* Custom circuit analysis and design, standard cell physical layout, timing, and noise analysis, or voltage drop effects with CAD tools.
* EDA tools on layout, STA, Extraction-SPEF/DSPF, and Spice.
* Troubleshooting and debugging problems for UNIX operating systems.
* Scripting using Perl or Tcl.
* Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of time.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
* Customer focus
* Results and Accountability
* Transparency and Integrity
* Sense of urgency
* Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the 'what's next' as much as the 'mission accomplished'. It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Associated topics: algorithm, back end, c c++, c++, developer, devops, php, sdet, software development engineer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...