Compensation: $85,580.00 - $122,520.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
The DevOps Engineer ensures efforts are in alignment with the Enterprise Architecture team to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's lives. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for complete administration, support, troubleshooting and implementation of Azure DevOps whether hosted on premises or at a remote location. This role is recognized as having high levels of technical aptitude.
The DevOps Engineer supports CI/CD/RM/DevOps at team(s) level to deliver business value, automate & optimize time to market with improved quality. DevOps Engineer is responsible for implementing DevOps principles at an enterprise level and for enabling continuous integration and continuous delivery with an effective release process while collaborating with various application teams. DevOps Engineer will also understand and capture application pipeline requirements and apply appropriate solutions to increase the overall efficiency and automate software delivery to enhance overall quality, speed, and scalability across the organization. Besides the engineering/technical tasks (build/package/deploy/monitor) to streamline and optimize the application lifecycle, this role will also work on adding visibility to technical debt and increasing software delivery speed, quality, and efficiency across the enterprise.
- Ensure efforts delight the customer
- Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch, customer centric approach focused on collaboration and communication
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere
- Innovate and create value for the customer
- Proven strong technical aptitude
- Provides mentoring to the team for technical challenges
- Research and recommend innovative, automated approaches for system administration tasks and integration with other enterprise level business applications
- Research emerging technologies, products, products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Develop strong working relationship with third party vendors
- Facilitate business needs to manage development environments
- Work with application team(s) and coordinate application & infrastructure major and minor releases
- Participate in application release cycles, and coordinate release activities across staging and production environments
- Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules
- Write code and scripts to automate provisioning of services and to configure services using cloud technologies and scripting languages
- Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments using tools including configuration and build management tools to test code quality and optimize them for performance and scalability
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, applying debugging and problem-solving techniques (e.g., log analysis, non-invasive tests), working closely with development and quality teams
- Suggest deployment patterns & practices improvements based on learnings from past deployments and production issues, collaborate with DevOps team to implement these
- Promote a DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business team
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/DisabledJob Requirements:
College degree or equivalent experience required in the field of Information Technology and/or a minimum of 5+ years of professional experience.
- Proven experience with system monitoring using application performance management tools such as AppDynamics
- Proven experience with enterprise logging approach and tools such and Splunk
- Proven experience with version control systems and agile tools primarily Azure DevOps/TFS, Git, and TFVC
- Proven experience with automation tools primarily Ansible or Puppet, Artifact management tools, Containerization tools and platforms primarily OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Shell scripting skills (Linux/Windows)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools sets
- Knowledge of REST API architecture including service/integration layer and application gateways
- Familiarity with microservice architecture and agile delivery/development methods
- Understanding of OAUTH, identity management, and role based security applied at an enterprise level is a plus
Associated topics: algorithm, backend, back end, c#, develop, python, sde, sdet, software development engineer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...