Sr. Software Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Company Job Title:Sr. Software Engineer
Location:St. Louis, MO
Exempt, Full Time, RegularSummary:
The Sr Software Engineer
possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with systems engineers to elicit and understand user needs, analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls
- Utilize configuration management to baseline code updates, and develop software using mature software lifecycle processes
- Utilize well defined software processes, such as Agile, to work in a rapid development environment as part of a development team
- Develop solutions that utilize open standards and ICDs to promote interoperability through service based architectures
- Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications
- Support the development and configuration of database systems. Analyze, fix, and document DRs on geospatial systems
- May design embedded systems software
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis
- Work with systems engineering and test teams to understand and develop solutions that address program requirements
- Assist in software design and architecture decisions
- Document design artifacts in architecture software, including class and sequence diagrams
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems
- Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable
- Update and document knowledge and best practices in common repositories such as Confluence Wiki
- Participate in agile scrum teams through the agile process
- Work with systems engineering and management to establish user stories and closure criteria
- Participate in the software feature and story estimations using standard software estimation tools and practices
- Support program reviews and milestones including FATs, SATs, and IV&Vs. Contribute to and maintain a continuous integration environment
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and 12+ years of relevant experience or Master s Degree and 8+ years relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI Clearance required
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, and experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem/situation and think abstractly to solve it
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: application architect, architect, architecture, back end, c, develop, matlab, php, senior, senior software engineer
Loading some great jobs for you...