Software Performance Engineer - Sr
Compensation: $90,770.00 - $130,800.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
A career at Citizens is unlike a career at any other insurance company, because Citizens is unlike any other insurance company.
If you are looking for an opportunity in which you can stretch to your full potential, expand your knowledge and grow your career, you have found it.
Winner of the 2017 WorldatWork Seal of Distinction, one of only seven companies throughout Florida to receive this award, Citizens is a diverse team of professionals helping people and communities throughout Florida.
At Citizens, employees do more than live up to their potential they exceed it.
So what are you waiting for? Come discover the career you never expected at Citizens.JOB SUMMARY
The Senior Software Performance Engineer is responsible for developing, executing, debugging and maintaining performance test scripts in support of the business meeting performance SLA's.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Lead and facilitate software performance requirements gathering meetings and estimate efforts based on empirical experience and proven methods
- Analyze architectural, navigational, and hardware design documents/diagrams for load/performance testing design execution
- Build complex simulators to simulate virtual users that match a real life scenario to identify and help tune the enterprise applications for better performance
- Gain complete understanding of both infrastructure and enterprise technical architecture of systems under test with the ability to identify typical performance issues and bottlenecks.
- Identify, communicate and track performance issues to closure working in close collaboration with cross-functional development team including analysts and developers.
- Write and review performance test reports covering the results of testing activities and communicate test results and metrics to other IT system groups, business units and management
- Establish and champion Performance QA standards, procedures, and processes by staying abreast of the latest industry trends; develop road maps for Performance Testing Services.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including technical documentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of database concepts including advanced SQL programming skills
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC & varying software development methodologies
- Expert in profiling, identifying & resolving performance issues at application & DB level
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and ideas in simple, understandable business language
- Ability to learn new tools and programming languages with little formal training
- Ability to analyze complex statistics to generate system performance math models
- Expert ability to use performance monitoring & analysis tools on client, middleware & backend app component.
- Bachelor s Degree in related field of study OR 4 years relevant experience, OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years.
- 6 or more years experience working in QA performance-based testing in an enterprise-level web-based environment to include:
- 4 years multi-tiered web-based application performance testing using HP Performance Center & LoadRunner or similar.
- Experience with application & system monitoring solutions such as Wily Introscope, Windows PerfMon, SQL Server Profiler or similar tools
- 3 years of exp. with Java Profilers and App. Performance mgmt. toolset.
- Property and casualty industry experience a plus
- 1+ years of experience with RPA solution development
- Ability to automate existing manual or paper processes to defined workflow processes using web API, UI Path, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, PowerApps/Power Automat
- Experience with automation techniques using macros and/or workflow-based software Experience with UiPath or other commercial Robotic process automation tools
- Ability to build BOTS to interact with existing systems to automate manual, time-consuming processes using Blue Prism or equivalent tools.
- Ability to design, develop, and configure Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software systems to meet business process and application requirements.
- Ability to design and implement helper elements to improve automation performance and re-use (e.g. runtime configurations / settings).
- Advanced experience with source control practices and patterns (Git workflow, branching/merging, etc.
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day).
In addition to a competitive salary, Citizens offers its employees an outstanding total rewards package, including:
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and group life insurance
- Paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- On-site wellness activities
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress and more
Citizens is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: backend, c#, matlab, perl, sde, sdet, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...