Job Title: Project Engineer Job Location: Greater New Jersey Metropolitan Area Requirements: 2+ Years Commercial/Tenant Improvement
We are looking for a Project Engineer with experience in Commercial Construction to join our quickly growing firm. The right individual to us is someone who is looking for a firm to grow with. We offer a very solid career path and want individuals who want to grow as well. Please read on if this sounds like you!
What You Will Be Doing
- Establish, organize and maintain project files including drawings, changes, specifications, as-builts and close out documents - Support of the bidding process including developing a list of qualified subcontract bidders and vendors, tracking the status of subcontractor compliance - Receive and analyze subcontractor bids as they relate to drawings, specifications and scope of work - Initiate and implement submittal matrix, review and process submittals, shop drawings and RFI's - Follow up with architect and subcontractors to expedite approvals. - Verify, price and assist in preparing change order documentation - Take accurate meeting notes to create quality meeting minutes - Assist the Superintendent with punch list, determine responsible subcontractor for each item and follow up with subcontractors to ensure timely completion. - Project completion closeout documentation, compiling as-built drawings, warrantee letters, O&M manuals, and other documents to complete the closeout package - Obtain permits and follow up with regulatory agencies - Enter job costs and maintain project directory - Document construction activity by taking weekly pictures and creating observations for progress reports - Assist Superintendent in procurement of construction materials - Assist and support project team as needed
What You Need for this Position
- Understanding of the construction industry and the role of a General Contractor - Proficient in construction management software, ProCore, Microsoft Project and Excel - Ability to read and understand budget and financial information - Must be able to read and understand blueprints - Excellent communication skills, oral and written. - Self-motivated and ability to prioritize and manage time well - Attention to detail and strong follow-up, neat and accurate organization - Demonstrates commitment to a safe working environment. - Maintains a cooperative attitude, patience and politeness through pressure situations.
- High School diploma or GED, college education recommended - Education background in materials and methods of construction - Entry-level to 2 years of industry experience - Valid driver's license with safe driving record - Reliable transportation and auto insurance
What's In It for You
- Competitive Base Salary (DOE) - Vacation/PTO - Medical - Dental - Vision - Bonus - 401k
So, if you are a Project Engineer with experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.