Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
We are looking for a dedicated and mission-oriented Senior Java Engineer who will embrace the challenge of being on the front edge of our new data platform. You must be able to quickly learn and apply new technologies while also maintaining a pragmatic approach to constantly delivering value in our fast-paced, agile environment. Relevant experience in a product-driven company is required. Strong instincts, great design skills and ability to collaborate with teammates are critical.
- Extensive programming experience in Java ecosystem Spring boot, Maven, Rest, etc
- Strong data structure and algorithms skills
- Experience in working on large scale distributed systems for high volume workloads is desirable, including locking, queuing frameworks, caching frameworks, sql/nosql databases, etc.
- A strong adherent to software engineering best practices that enable building world-class products, including unit testing, modular code, right abstractions, continuous integration mindset, etc.
- Strong service ownership mindset
- Experience working in a scrum/agile development environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with a sense of urgency while still maintaining a high level of quality
- Ability to problem-solve in a solution-oriented manner
- BS. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Develop high-quality, production-ready code that powers our platform on AWS infrastructure
- Build scalable and performant services and frameworks
- Continuously collaborate and drive to a consensus on design decisions
- Adopt and refine solid design principles and coding patterns
- Participate in architectural initiatives, balancing long-term platform velocity with short-term customer needs
- Participate actively and constructively in agile team meetings and peer code reviews
- Learn and apply new technologies continuously!
- Take ownership from design to delivery as a senior member of the team
- Find yourself incessantly saying: microservice, serverless, elastic, pipeline
- Have a lot of fun, it's unavoidable
- Work directly with and learn from the business, product and engineering leaders across the organization
- Play a meaningful role in helping our clients succeed by leveraging their data to make smarter decisions
STAY SAFE. STAY HOME. To ensure safety of our employees, applicants, clients and visitors during the Corona virus Pandemic, the entire FPS US Community is under work from home setup. All hired during this time will require the ability to work from home. The office-based setup will resume dependent on the organization direction in the future.
Associated topics: .net, application architect, c, c/c++, c#, design pattern, expert, java, lead, software architect
Loading some great jobs for you...