Software Engineer - Junior
Compensation: $115,900.00 - $157,880.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Engineer solutions using hybrid / multi-cloud (e.g. C2S / AWS SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) capabilities that balance cost, mission needs, usability to deliver working environments to users. Use CloudFormation, AWS SDK/CLI, and other tools to build and deploy infrastructure and services. Create and monitor alerts to avoid cost surprises and identify underused resources.
- The Cloud Engineer will perform requirements gathering, design, development and implementation of a hybrid cloud architecture with IaaS offered by a Cloud Service Provider.
- Show the impact to cloud infrastructure-operating costs, identify labor costs associated with a cloud instance, and explore cost benefit analysis compared to traditional data center deployments.
- Develop, implement and maintain the technical architecture blueprints for Cloud design.
- Facilitate A&A workload and ATO process.
- Impact to existing cross-domain requirements of stakeholders.
- Infrastructure as Code and immutable infrastructure fundamentals and infrastructure automation using scripting and APIs for automating and orchestrating system instances
- Application of virtualization technologies in a cloud environment including VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes
- Data and storage management best practices using a variety of commercial and Cloud solutions
- Understanding of the NIST RMF Framework and familiarity with the DoD ATO/A&A process as they apply to DoD cloud environment
- Best practice in scalability, availability, observability and sustainability of architected solutions
- Understanding and can apply knowledge to Cloud connectivity with respect to DoD Cloud access points
- Knowledge and use of Cloud-based storage solutions and cloud data migration tools and techniques
Required Experience / Certification:
- Engineer I: 1 year of experience
- Expertise in architecture and use of IaaS, SaaS and PaaS offering from Microsoft Azure and AWS as well delivering hybrid/multi-cloud solutions or other Cloud Service provider
Desirable Experience / Certification:
- Experience with DevOps / DevSecOps methods in support of continuous development, continuous integration environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL Service Design process and procedures.
- Experience working in the Agile Software Development and Testing framework.
- Cloud Computing certification
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
USA VA Reston
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: algorithm, back end, c++, develop, matlab, perl, php, sde, software developer, software development engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...