Software Development Engineer
Compensation: $101,000.00 - $147,980.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Software Development Engineer with our client in the financial industry in their Charlotte, NC location. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- Unique individual contributor role for a software developer or engineer to build, design, develop, and execute complex testing
- Candidate should have strong software development skills and understand the complete Software Development Life Cycle
- Candidate will contribute across multiple technical stacks, one a large Hadoop based data warehouse, and two a user interactive data quality application with Java/Oracle backend
- In both cases, candidate will design, develop, and execute a comprehensive automated regression test suite using custom or vendor solutions to thoroughly test applications before moving to production
- These automated tests must ensure that the complete applications are thoroughly tested without manual testing intervention
- Candidate will also ensure these tests meet Quality reporting standards
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
- Top 3 required IT/Technical skillsets: Unix, Perl, SQL
- Years of experience required: 5+ years
- Masters/Bachelor's Degree in information systems or related field.
- Need minimum 5 or more years of experience in software development and/or testing
- Experience with automation framework development using Java, Python, Perl, and/or vendor tools
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Strong database skills
- Strong analytical ability, independent problem solving, and good communication skills
- Required Technical Skills/Tools : Unix, SQL, Java, Perl, Python
- Additional preferred skills : Hadoop Ecosystem HDFS, Hive, Impala, HUE
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no Corp-to-Corp)
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com. 'Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V Job Requirements:
Associated topics: c++, developer, java, perl, php, python, sde, sdet, software developer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...