- $91,590.00 -134,240.00/year*
26 Bristol St
Summary of Role\\:
Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These positions will be required to operate and maintain Water/Waste Water Facilities equipment.
is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts. This position works a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. The candidate will help lead the facilities organization and
Fab 8 to world class levels of excellence.
* Perform preventative maintenance and troubleshoot facilities equipment and specialty areas including Reverse Osmosis, Ion exchange, EDI, UF, Waste Water Treatment HF, Cu & Instrumentation, RODI and Waste Water Treatment Systems
* Perform rounds and readings to maintain, update, and validate all database systems used to collect data and operate UPW and IWT systems
* Perform routine bacteria, SDI and water quality testing as required
* Perform minor system modifications with the involvement of the Engineering and UPW/ IWT Supervisor in assigned specialty equipment areas
* Support first line trouble-shooting of processing equipment and instrumentation failures.
* Observe and interpret performance of Coagulation/Flocculation process
* Maintain open lines of communication with the UPW/IWT Supervisor, team members, engineering, and management; provide timely response and follow-up
* Provide suggestions for improving operations and maintenance activities to enhance system performance, efficiency, cost effectiveness and consistency
* Assist Management in identifying training requirements and safety procedures in assigned specialty areas
* Support control room operations for all facilities systems
* Perform all activities in safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
* Maintain and operate filter presses for wastewater system
* Perform chemical offloads/tanker deliveries utilizing proper safety and operational procedures
* Perform probe calibrations, cleanings, PMs, and maintain wastewater treatment systems as needed
* Perform all activities in safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Security & Safety requirements and programs
* Education and experience requirements include any one of the options listed below. (Relevant experience is defined as facilities, maintenance, or operational technician experience working with high purity hazardous gas and chemicals)
* 2 Year Technical Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor operations or a related discipline with a minimum of 2 years relevant facilities experience, OR
* Equivalent military training / experience with a minimum of 2 years relevant facilities experience, OR
* Certification from an accredited trade school with a minimum of 2 years relevant facilities experience, OR
* High school diploma with a minimum of 2 years relevant facilities experience
* Fluent in English Language written & verbal
* Physical Capacity Demands -
* Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
* Ability to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 50 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
* Ability to perform activities that include climbing vertical ladders, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and crawling
* Ability to work in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor protocol/requirements
* Demonstrated knowledge of Semiconductor FAB systems and related equipment
* Demonstrated ability to operate computer programs including Microsoft Office and SAP
* Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation.
* Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
* Demonstrated knowledge of chemical hygiene plans and hazardous waste handling
* Demonstrated mechanical abilities with experience in maintenance and operation of equipment
* Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team
* Occasional domestic and/or international travel may be required
* Preventative maintenance software and automated building control systems knowledge i.e. FMCS a plus.
* Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams
* Minimum of 2 years direct experience working in semi-conductor manufacturing or in semi-conductor tool/equipment/facilities maintenance
* Able to wear upgraded PPE in accordance with Emergency Response Protocols and OSHA standards as a participating member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and become ERT/First Aid/CPR qualified.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with
is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Associated topics: ecotoxicology, ehs, environmental effect, environmental protection agency, glacier, green energy, hazardous material, landfill, waste management, water safety
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...