Senior Computer Programmer - Analytical Methods Expertise - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Compensation: $112,190.00 - $178,460.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Computer Programmer - NIH - Bethesda, MD Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Computer Programmer to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Take charge of the development and expansion of scientific data analysis and visualization software SUMA
- Update software to use modern graphics libraries, including those allowing visualization over the Internet, and those that allow for greater portability between computer platforms.
- Work with scientific staff in the Scientific and Statistical Computing Core to integrate SUMA into the data analysis methodologies developed by the Core.
- Develop new mathematical and statistical data analysis methods/algorithms and implement them into the SUMA software to enhance the scientific value of MRI dataset collections.
- Work with Core staff to develop and implement brain atlases into SUMA, while also integrating the same atlases into the AFNI software package.
- Develop analytical methods/algorithms and software for combining multiple brain imaging modalities, such as EEG, MEG and MRI, into integrated summaries and visualizations of brain activity - for human and non-human data sources.
- Work with Core staff to enhance the real-time data analysis and visualization capabilities of the combined AFNI+SUMA software package, including merging in other real-time types of data (such as EEG).
- Document all new development in the form of software manuals, web pages, and scientific papers.
- Make educational presentations to NIH staff about new features of the AFNI and SUMA software package.
- Present novel techniques and tools at international conferences, such as the Organization for Human Brain Mapping.
- Provide data analysis help to NIH IRP staff.
- Provide data analysis assistance to NIH ITP staff, including in-person consultations, email queries and messages on the AFNI online forum.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree in a quantitative scientific discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree.
- Minimum of nine (9) years of related experience.
- Programming skills in at least one of the following: C, C++ or Python.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE. Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We re always thinking about what s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: .net, back end, c c++, c#, developer, java, perl, php, python, sdet
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...