Compensation: $67,733.33 - $134,060.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Kforce has a client in search of an Application Support in Maryland Heights, MO. Summary: We have an opening for a Systems Administrator/Application Support Resource within our e-Commerce Incident Response Team. As a front-line responder in a constantly changing ecosystem, this support team member is responsible for working with our clients internal and external resources to quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve issues effecting the stability of a platform responsible for generating millions of sales, through multiple channels, for a Fortune 100 company. We are an organization that prides ourselves on meeting a goal of near 0% unplanned downtime, therefore, it is critical this individual possesses a proactive, assertive personality, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), a great eye for detail, and the ability to perform a root cause analysis in a highly complex environment. As part of a lean operating team, resilience and adaptiveness are -must have- characteristics in this team player. Responsibilities: As an integral part of the Incident Response Team and an advocate of quality performance, some of the key responsibilities of Systems Administrator include:
- Quickly responds to incident alerts and support calls; Identifies, and coordinates with, teams critical to the event's resolution, sets up bridge calls, and escalates when necessary
- Proactively monitors highly available applications/systems; Interprets and disseminates the information to a variety of audiences, including related support teams and internal leadership
- Performs deployments and hot fixes to production and non-production environment
- Executes automated and manual smoke tests following maintenance and outage recovery periods
- Self-educates on new systems, applications, and tools, and requests guidance and training proactively, as needed, to ensure optimum job performance
- 3+ years in a support specialist or equivalent position in a large IT organization
- 1-3 years in an application support related role
- Strong communication skills with the ability to capture and articulate technical and non-technical details
- Working knowledge of middleware platforms such JBOSS, WebLogic, Tomcat, etc.
- Working experience in Linux Server Administration; Windows Administration, Network experience, are a plus
- Working knowledge of containerization and virtualization technologies such as Docker and various hypervisors
- Experience writing/maintaining Python and/or Shell scripts and batch files
- Understanding of Waterfall, Scrum, and Kanban development models
- Expertise using monitoring and diagnostic tools such as SolarWinds, Splunk, or AppDynamics
- Proficient with a wide array of messaging tools and techniques
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: c c++, c++, developer, matlab, python, sde, sdet, software developer, software development engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...