IT Software Engineer
Compensation: $126,470.00 - $187,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
ASSIGNMENT DESCRIPTION: IT Software Developers identify, document, and analyze customer, business, and system requirements; evaluate alternative approaches; and design and develop solutions tailored to specific Agency, systems, and customer requirements. They lead the testing and integration of new and modified solutions into the system. They review and provide guidance on software and configuration management of code developed internally and by vendors; test software developed internally and by vendors; and respond to urgent customer requests to develop and deliver unique solutions. They develop software, configure and manage code, plan and design systems architecture, write and maintain software program documentation, and investigate and evaluate new software technologies. They also ensure the rigorous application of information security and information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services. They contribute to system and security design specification, documentation, and practice.
Additional Job Information
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position resides within the GEOINT Services (TD) embedded with the NGA Support Team (NST) at United States Space Command (USSPACECOM). NGA seeks IT Software Developers to help support Agency-wide software development efforts. Specific responsibilities may include:
* Identifies and analyzes design tradeoffs, and develops recommendations or adapts existing software to meet requirements.
* Generates ideas for designing and adapting software to meet evolving customer needs and recommends suggested approach.
* Evaluates system design requirements to determine their impact on the development process.
* Implements updates to existing software applications to meet new requirements.
* Develops software code, applications, and scripts for application and testing.
* Troubleshoots software-related problems in systems; identifies issues and recommends solutions.
The following competencies are required for this work role:
* Secondary experience in one or more other programming languages.
* Experience with database technologies (eg. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle DB, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Aurora).
* Experience with software development principles, methods, and tools for designing, developing, coding, testing and deploying software.
The USSPACECOM NST IT Software Engineer provides on-site embedded intelligence support to the Combatant Command (CCMD) by serving as the primary, forward deployed integrator of NGA, USSPACECOM, and United States Space Force (USSF) systems related to space operations. The USSPACECOM NST IT Software Engineer directly engages with external agencies to include USSPACECOM J2, J3, J6, and J8, USSF research, development, and acquisition organizations, other Department of Defense (DoD) entities, Department of Commerce entities, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and various Intelligence Community (IC) mission partners. This position will work across multiple NGA programs to ensure they are able to integrate with USSPACECOM and USSF programs supporting space operations. This position will initially focus on the integration of the software being developed by the Kobayashi Maru program at Space and Missile Systems Center with multiple NGA programs in support of the operations of USSPACECOM. This position will also be charged with integration of various NGA systems with the systems used by the new intelligence component of the United States Space Force. Software development for NGA's contributions to emerging mission areas such as space domain safety of navigation and space traffic management will also be part of the duties for this position.
* Participate in the development of NGA and mission partner space operations related systems to ensure the dependencies are accounted for and information can properly flow between NGA and mission partner systems
* Work the space operations software development community in the DoD and IC to ensure that NGA is aware of all relevant programs and the programs are aware of the capabilities that NGA developed software and systems
* Developing input for DoD, IC, and NGA requirements processes and related budget submissions for space operations related software and systems
* Finding opportunities for software and system re-use across NGA and various mission partner organizations in support of space operations
* Travel: Position requires CONUS travel/TDY
* Tour Length: The tour length for this position is 2 to 6 years.
Additional Application Requirement: You may be asked to complete one or more assessments in addition to the application you submit on this website as part of your application to NGA. These assessments may include but are not limited to:
* Online questionnaires or assessments that require you to describe your job-related knowledge, skills, abilities, or other characteristics that are aligned with the mandatory and desirable qualifications of this job posting. The information you provide in the application you submit must support the response you provide to this questionnaire.
You will receive an email to describe any additional assessments required. Please monitor your emails and complete any required assessments as soon as possible.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online applications must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
* Demonstrated software engineering experience supporting IT operations.
* Demonstrated software engineering experience with integration of various information systems.
* experience fostering teamwork in support of overall mission success.
* Demonstrated experience in effective communication with others internal and external to an organization.
* Demonstrated experience integrating separate but related software focused systems hosted by different organizations.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: A. Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Information Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks. -OR- B. Combination of Education and Experience: A minimum of 24 semester (36 quarter) hours of coursework in any area listed in option A, plus experience in software design, Information Technology engineering, or a related area that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties associated with this work. As a rule, every 30 semester (45 quarter) hours of coursework is equivalent to one year of experience. Candidates should show that their combination of education and experience totals 4 years. -OR- C. Experience: A minimum of 4 years of experience in software design, Information Technology engineering, or a related area that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties associated with this work. -AND- LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: DAWIA certification may be required for this position; see Position License and Certification Requirements below for additional details. New Acquisition Workforce members or current members transitioning to a new acquisition career field or higher skill level have 24 months to achieve certification. -AND- Relevant Competencies: IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving.
Highly Desired Qualifications
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
* Demonstrate 3 years of knowledge of integrating the development of separate but related software systems in a DoD or IC environment (preferably including systems supporting space operations).
* Demonstrate 3 years of experience analyzing and identifying potential opportunities for improvement and follows through with the implementation of those improvements.
* Demonstrate 3 years of experience examining a variety of perspectives to develop a well-rounded view of the situation before taking action.
* Demonstrate 3 years of experience to work independently and in coordination with others, manage multiple priorities, demonstrates initiative, and display good judgment.
* Demonstrate 3 years of experience supporting space operations related systems.
* Knowledge of the operations of USSPACECOM.
Additional Job Requirements
You must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. In addition, you are subject to a Counterintelligence Polygraph examination in order to maintain access to Top Secret information. All employees are subject to a periodic examination on a random basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Refusal to take the examination may result in denial of access to Top Secret information, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
Employees with SCI access and who are under NGA cognizance are required to submit a Security Financial Disclosure Report, SF-714, on an annual basis in order to determine continued eligibility..... click apply for full job details
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, c c++, develop, developer, python, sdet, software engineer, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...