ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, coordinate and develop accurate, creative, professional solutions utilizing current development languages and tools.
• Create PC and Web based applications using .net suite and other development tools. Proficient with ASP.NET and Visual Studio.
• Directly and indirectly support various software packages, including knowledge transfer and “roll out” of client-side upgrades.
• Create and maintain WORD templates, macros and toolbars.
• Work with OLE DB, ODBC and other types of remote data sources including AS/400.
• Work with Apache & PHP. - Familiar with Linux & SSH. - Maintain and update eCommerce engine - responsible for public website. - Maintain and update Kiosk machines.
• Tests computer systems and applications to determine criticality of component loss.
• Fully document new and existing procedures, applications as well as creating troubleshooting and training material.
• Assist users to resolve computer related problems such as inoperative hardware or software. • Understanding of SQL, Database Administration, Microsoft Membership Provider, and system security.
• Must stay current with new software, hardware and development tools and techniques.
• Solve problems and communicate effectively with end users and co-workers.
• Provide 24x7 technical support on a rotation basis following guidelines set by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years of relevant application development experience. Extensive knowledge of PC based software (Microsoft, off-the-shelf and custom developed). Ability to read and interpret documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to compose reports, correspondence and documentation. The position requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of people. Ability to calculate figures and apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry. Superior problem solving and communication skills with the ability to effectively deal with end users, co-workers and subordinates.
Some technical information to keep in mind:
C#/ASP.NET & Visual Studio: All websites are written in VB/ASP.Net. Need to rewrite some intranet websites. Need to start setting up a new Intranet server.
ASP.NET Version (i.e. web forms, mvc, web api): No MVC and no Web API. ASP.netframeworks 2.0 to 4.5 is the version we use, and some console applications.
PHP Version: PHP5 and PHP7.
Angular Version: Angular 1. We have 2 intranet web applications that use it.
Databases: DB2, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL server. Building SQL queries for reporting websites. Mainly returning data to a gridview.
What COTS and Custom software we work on: Our ecommerce website that’s written in PHP. Also use Custom software to run the conference room TVs via an iPad.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...