- Saint-Gobain Corporation
- $96,010.00 -138,950.00/year*
2 Hampden St
Position: Senior Automation Engineer
Department: Global Bonded Abrasives SOA
Location: NAM BA Plants (Worcester and Reynosa)
Reports To: Bonded Abrasives WW Industrial Director
This position has global responsibility and significant travel is required. The Senior Automation Engineer must have the vision, innovation and capability to define and lead multiple automation projects. This position is responsible for automation, robotics and control systems design, specifications, programming and simulation of production equipment. The position collects & analyzes production data, creates project schedules, tracks progress and prepares updates relative to installation or continuous improvement of existing production equipment and provides highly specialized recommendations, direction, and problem solving to complex automation requirements. worldwide project management and new process development to maximize the competitive position and business growth of the Bonded Abrasives sector of activity (SOA) through capital expenditures and improved operations.
Personnel: Direct Responsibility, 0-5
Principal End Results:
* Review current operations and determine the best opportunities for automation.
* Implement automation and robotics projects to increase efficiency and improve quality of all current production lines.
* Support WCM activities and projects
* Develops plans for testing and debugging automation equipment while applying knowledge of engineering technology as necessary.
* Programs, troubleshoots and evaluates any design considerations on new and existing systems and equipment.
* Designs engineering solutions that meet the manufacturing facilities requirements while monitoring budget constraints in order to maximize production equipment quality and efficiency.
* Assists in the preparation and scope of a project, cost justification and benefits.
* Maintains awareness of and controls project cost, quality, scope and schedule to ensure on time delivery of projects within internal budgets. Prepares any necessary progress reports for management.
* Leads or participates in engineering design reviews as required.
* Conducts R & D activities concerned with integration and testing of electronic/mechanical components and systems and in development of applications.
* Applies mechanical theory, mechanical testing procedures and related knowledge to layout, build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental and production equipment.
* Programs software to configure and/or make modifications to automated systems and process control systems.
Nature and Scope:
The incumbent is guided by general objectives and operates independently within the scope of agreed on priorities. Significant changes would be reviewed, as would administrative issues.
The incumbent provides assistance to all locations that are involved in Bonded Abrasives covering a broad range of issues including automation, robotics and process system integration. Responsible for defining solutions to problems and affecting successful implementation of these solutions. May use own knowledge and expertise in this regard or identify the best expertise within the SOA to assist.
The incumbent must be proactive and maintain an appropriate level of contact with each plant location as well as local and branch R&D.
The incumbent frequently functions as part of a team on a comprehensive project that will include resources from diverse functional areas. S/he may function as a team leader or serve as a specialist focused on particularly challenging aspects of the project.
This position requires a bachelors engineering degree (mechanical/electrical/industrial) and an in-depth knowledge of automation with 5-10 years of industrial experience.
Excellent communication skills are required to effectively communicate and to overcome language barriers.
Location(s): The Sr. Automation Engineer for Bonded will be based out of our Worcester, MA plant and support both this location and the Reynosa, Mexico plants.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Abrasives manufacturers and distributes high quality abrasive products to engineering, distribution and retail markets in the globe. We are the world's leading abrasives manufacturer and the only international supplier of abrasives that manufacturers each of the 3 major types of abrasives: Bonded Abrasives, Coated Abrasives and Diamond products.
With a strong presence in every continent the Abrasives Division serves its customers through structured sales operations in over 26 countries and employs nearly 16,000 people globally. Abrasives forms a key part of the High Performance Materials Division of Saint-Gobain, which is one of the 5 key areas of activity in which Saint-Gobain operate.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Associated topics: aerodynamic, autocad, boiler, design, msme, naval, propulsion, solidworks, turbine, vibration
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...