Director IT Applications
Compensation: $102,645.00 - $176,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Director IT Applications
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts . Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others. PRIMARY PURPOSE
: To direct the management of software development activities within Systems and Technology; to provide administrative guidance and controls ensuring availability and productivity; to provide strategic planning; to assure security and integrity of data systems; and to manage vendors and evaluate third party and internally developed products and applications.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs the management, strategic development and deployment of the software applications development departments as an integrated corporate resource.
- Works with Implementation and strategic planning colleagues to support efficient technology for internal and customer use; serves as a senior management liaison with other departments within and beyond the Systems and Technology division.
- Provides technology vision and leadership for developing and implementing Software Development initiatives improving cost effectiveness, service quality and business development in a constantly changing environment; supervises and provides input for cost-benefit analysis and prioritization change requests.
- Develops, coordinates, guides and maintains Software Development strategic and tactical plans in support of the overall corporate strategy; defines a vision for meeting current and future Software Development needs, while ensuring alignment and integration of Software Development with the overall vision, mission, and values of the enterprise.
- Oversees budgeting, staffing, colleague development and vendor management.
- Responsible for research and development of new technologies, methodologies, product design and deployment; maintains current technology and methodologies.
- Evaluates industry studies and business development support.
- Assures the confidentiality, privacy and all reasonable restriction of access to corporate or customer data through policy, procedure and regular review.
- Coordinates the preparation of activity and progress reports regarding the activities of Software Development.
- Manages Software Development colleagues, including answering questions, setting priorities, establishing goals and objectives, and meeting deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
- Plans for staffing needs including succession, bench-strength, and new business.
Education & LicensingWORK ENVIRONMENT
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university required. Major in Information Systems or Management preferred. Masters degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems or Management preferred. Each one (1) year of the required college may be substituted with one (1) additional year of the required experience.
Eight (8) years of systems and development experience and six (6) years supervisory or project management experience required. #LI-TS
Skills & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of systems and development
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlinesNOTE:
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employerand aDrug-Free WorkplaceJob Requirements:
Associated topics: c, chief information officer, css, db2, f#, hadoop, oracle, python, shell, software manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...