Compensation: $104,620.00 - $154,250.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Application Developer for a contract position in Denver, CO. Opportunity will be nine months with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
The Application Developer II has responsibilities across the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from business requirements to support, but they are primarily focused on development activities. Development activities include: working with business analysts and customers to understand requirements; working with team members to apply secure programming techniques using standards and best practices; commenting code for peers and testers; performing unit testing, configuration management, source code control, deployment and release management; and providing support services as needed. Operational support services vary in scope from minor bug fixes (tickets) to major enhancements (change orders).Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Request Management - 10%
- Complete staff assignments within a matrixed supervisory environment.
- Adhere to Incident Management & Change Management policies and protocols established by Client for incident resolution and implementing production system changes.
- Application Development & Support - 75%
- Consult with Solution Architects, Solution Engineers, and others as appropriate to design applications in line with Client strategies (e.g., Cloud First, Mobile First, Secure Colorado, etc.).
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Customers, Project Managers, and others as appropriate to assist in the creation of estimates and timelines.
- Develop applications in line with business requirements using Agile or Waterfall methodologies as needed.
- Perform coding (in-house applications) or configuration management (Client's applications) in accordance with standards and best practices and further minimize defects through disciplined unit testing.
- Coordinate update releases and other system changes, contribute to the implementation of break/fix solutions, and update documentation and configuration information related to changes as needed throughout the life cycle.
- Organize, build, and validate all segments of the code related to a specific build (release) for final User Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure development activities within the position's scope of responsibility are consistent with established service portfolio policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Determine the best approach in the development of an application's code to meet the customer's current requirements and anticipate future enhancement needs.
- Identify and recommend changes to development policies, processes, templates, and standard operating procedures to improve the overall quality of work being delivered.
- Collaborate across a matrix management environment with other developers and other Client department staff as needed. Must understand lines of authority and follow protocol to engage other resources.
- Find unique ways to resolve issues in the development process to meet the requirements of the customers and lead to the most efficient implementation possible.
- Tracking & Reporting of Work Assigned 5%
- Working with the supervisor and Project Manager, develop estimates of the work effort necessary to deliver application solutions based on the project specifications provided. Record time spent on work activities into the approved project tracking system. Provide appropriate progress reports to the supervisor or project manager as requested.
- Determine reasonable and accurate estimates for the completion of assigned work activities.
- Additional Duties As Assigned - 10%
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Install, configure, and maintain a third-party rules and automation engine. The technology stack includes Linux (Red Hat/CentOS), POSTGRESQL, Apache, SmartyStreets (Optional), OpenAM (Optional), Java EE, Wildfly, PHP, Mirth Connect (Rhapsody).
- Full-time professional work experience in the development and support of Information Technology applications.
- Successful completion of an Information Technology Certification program, accredited college and/or graduate training may substitute for the required work experience.
- May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and at least at least 2 years or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area.
- Linux Administration(Red Hat/CentOS)
- SmartyStreets (Optional)
- OpenAM (Optional)
- Java EE
- Mirth Connect
- Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX/MVC
- C# ASP.NET Web Forms/MVC5
- SQL Server database design
- T-SQL programming with stored procedures, functions, triggers
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
- Experience with system integration
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand business processes quickly and apply to application design
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!Job Requirements:
Associated topics: algorithm, c++, devops, matlab, programming, python, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...