DevOps and Cloud Engineer
Compensation: $93,280.00 - $134,750.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
We're looking for a remote DevOps Engineer to join a growing company and expand their existing team. This person will be assisting with a cloud transformation to GCP. The eventual goal is for this individual to own specific projects ensuring full integration.
- Location: This position is 100% remote
- Type: Direct-hire (must be able to work on company's W2
- Salary: Competitive
- Interview process: 2 steps, both via WebEx video conference
- GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Observation Tools (Nagios, Prometheus)
- Elasticsearch ELK stack experience
- Own, operate, and optimize Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools and processes.
- Identify, build, configure, and manage systems used by development.
- Improve and maintain Docker image build and deployment process.
- Support internal customers on multiple product lines through research, troubleshooting, and testing.
- Resolve reported issues within appropriate time frame to ensure internal customer satisfaction.
- Perform hardware and software installation and configuration for supported systems.
- Deploy, test, and monitor relevant software at most current and stable releases.
- Complete Windows server and workstation staging as necessary.
- Plan and deliver DevOps projects providing clear communication on status, impediments, and needs.
- Participate in documenting guidelines, processes and techniques for system administration.
- Assist in system capacity planning and provide regularly scheduled detailed reporting
- Research server resource, deployment, and configuration issues for internal systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot internal development tools including: Octopus, TeamCity, JIRA, SVN & GIT
- Participate in special projects that may require may require work at unusual hours of the day or occasional travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field.
- Hands-on experience with build automation tools (Octopus, Team City).
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience with Linux.
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load-balancers, clustering, etc.
- Familiarity with Terminal Services and published Apps
- Familiarity with Virtual Servers Hyper-V, VMware, and Xen technologies.
- Previous experience with software support, customer support or system administration.
- Ability to read stack traces and debug logs to troubleshoot issues.
- 2 year degree in a computer field or a combination of relevant education and equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of related computer systems experience.
- Agile development methodology
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Hands-on experience with build automation tools (TFS, Cruise Control, Jenkins, Octopus, Team City, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with containers and orchestration systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher or similar)
- Strong working knowledge of branch and source control management (TFS, SVN, GIT, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (especially SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of web hosting platforms (IIS, Apache, etc.)
- Proven ability to automate repetitive practices with: batch scripting, PowerShell, Perl, C#, VB, etc.
- Proven troubleshooting and reasoning skills to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a diverse audience.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 ###-#### or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: algorithm, backend, c c++, c++, php, programming, python, sde, sdet, software development engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...