VHBs growing Worcester, MA office is seeking a Site/Civil Engineer to support our land development projects.
VHBs passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
* Work within a team of professionals in developing site civil engineering plans, reports and specifications for a multitude of land development projects
* Civil engineering for residential and commercial site design including grading and drainage design, utility design site, and roadway layout
* Preparation and/or reviewing design criteria, drawings and specifications
* Preparation of schematic design, design development, and construction contract documentation
* Assist in the preparation of permitting, design and construction documents
* Project task financial performance, and management of small or medium projects
* Engagement in business development and client relations
* Technical and design report writing
* Attending meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues
Skills and Abilities
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to think critically
* BS in Civil Engineering
* 4+ years of professional civil engineering experience
* EIT or PE preferred
* AutoCAD, HydroCAD and StormCAD experience
* Experience with GIS Systems
* Knowledge of local and state regulations governing site design
* Solid understanding of the typical land entitlement process in MA including permitting at the local and state level preferred
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, were invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. Were proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Associated topics: building, civil, civil engineer, department of transportation, draft, foundation design, function, road, structural analysis, superstructure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.