Senior Core Java Middleware Developer
Compensation: $96,120.00 - $142,090.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global
In Wells Fargo's Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) / Cards & Retail Services Technology / Sales Presentation Team, we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect
of our business and at every level of our organization. We are looking for a person who finds challenge with cutting edge technology where every day brings new challenges and problems to solve where your work will have an impact on others.
The candidate will be responsible for helping support and build Retail Lending Java middle-ware applications for multiple lines of business, including Credit Card. They will assist in supporting existing services as well as designing and implementing new business solutions, providing application deployment guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. This individual will work with technical leads, business analysts, system analysts, DBA's, infrastructure and other cross-department teams to evaluate business needs and provide end-to-end technical solutions.
Additional daily tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Closely partnering with projects, Business Analysts and Developers on application definition, design, development, integration, testing and support of reliable and reusable Java software solutions.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications for middleware.
- Independent Hands-on Development - Maintains existing services and applications, and develops new, highly complex original code while practicing test-driven development and taking end-to-end ownership of your part of the functionality.
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts and provides coding direction to less experienced staff.
- Work with team members to provide insight into solving complex problems with middleware while leveraging enterprise and industry best practices (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility).
- Test-driven development: Verify system logic by unit testing and debugging during development and QA cycles.
- Work with QA teams to conduct integrated (application and database) stress testing, performance analysis and tuning.
- Support systems testing and migration of platforms and applications to production. This includes after hours and weekend support typically four times per year (quarterly).
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides .
- Ensure quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
- Work within our existing frameworks, but help improve them by staying current with J2EE development, architecture and database technologies to improve software quality, efficiency and ease of use.
- Accurately estimate software development, testing, deployment and conversion time-frames.
- Actively listen to and cooperatively work with other internal team members in order to contribute positively to updates and changes to the application.
- Act as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
Selected candidate will be required to work within the following Wells Fargo location: 2600 S Price Rd. Chandler, AZ 85286; 6051/6061 N State Hwy 161, Irving, TX. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7 + years of Core Java experience
- 4+ years of application production support experience
- 5 + years of J2EE experience
- 4+ years of JDBC experience
- 2+ years of XML (Extensible Markup Language) experience
- 3+ years of Spring experience
- 5+ years of experience working with Relationship Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- 4+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 5+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 3+ years of technical and business architecture experience
- Knowledge and understanding of public and private cloud integration with AWS, IAAS, Asure or Google
- Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
- Experience applying new technologies to business needs in a technologically innovative , change-driven organization
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of all phases of project development and testing lifecycle
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to mentor and train less senior staff
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- Experience with one or more Agile tools used for tracking user stories or backlogs, such as VersionOne and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZDisclaimer
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: .net, c c++, c++, devops, java, php, programming, sde, sdet, software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...