The purpose of this internship is to prepare college juniors and seniors for entry into the business world by providing a thorough understanding of the various functions of the Zebra Technologies organization to include theory and practical application of attained knowledge. Project work will differ in each area depending on business needs, and all interns will participate in the US Zebra Internship Program. The program is designed to provide you with a full experience so that you can fully envision a career with Zebra. You be positioned for success with training, exposure to all parts of the business, social activities, a professional mentor relationship and development sessions to help you discover your own performance edge!
The Supply Chain and Services team at Zebra is a dynamic community of builders, makers and doers. Every team member plays a unique role, and this internship will allow you to immerse yourself in our diverse organization. We invite our interns to jump in and partner with teams to work on real projects across our organization. We expect that over the course of the summer, you will have the opportunity to collaborate on several projects alongside our Zebra teams, gaining broad experience across the Supply Chain and Services organization and really empowering you to make your mark!
* The core project will be determined based upon the business needs and the skill set of the individual hired. Projects may include:
* Implementing Kaizen ideas into our North America repair depots
* Develop, propose and align a common electronics manufacturing services scorecard with stakeholders
* Reviewing competitor offerings, benchmarking and comparing against Zebra's offerings
* Analysis to confirm primary/alternate status and updating systems to reflect findings
* Developing and securing alignment of common tracker for part development and release in the Agile system
* Develop planning, organizational and time management skills
* Increase technology knowledge and skills
* Develop team-based work competencies
* Develop interpersonal skills to communicate with employees
* Develop interpersonal skills to communicate with day-to-day business contacts through follow up activities
* Develop interpersonal skills to communicate with external and external customers
* Current enrollment in an undergraduate/graduate degree program in a discipline related to the project specifics. If an undergraduate, must be at the rising junior or rising senior/graduated senior level
* Must be pursuing a degree in General Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management or Industrial Engineering
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
* Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
* Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic and/or extracurricular experiences
* Strong problem-solving abilities
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to collaborate as part of a team
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
* Must reside within 50 miles of the primary work location
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...